Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Boo-boo Kitty


Who says life doesn't kick you when you're down? This morning I've been stressing out, trying to fill my trunk with gifts (which would have been easier if I'd cleaned out my car beforehand), take the trash out, wash dishes, go for a run, and do laundry that's been piling up since Thanksgiving.

In the midst of multitasking, I took a fairly bad fall in front of the whole neighborhood. It doesn't look that bad, but it really hurts, from my hands to my skinned knees.

I don't think I should run on it today (it keeps bleeding, for one thing ... maybe my Hello Kitty bandaids aren't cutting it), but I cleaned up and Neosporined and Adviled, so hopefully I'll be good to go for the rest of the week.

I've learned this from Triathablog — ignoring sickness or injury only makes it worse, sidelining me for longer than I'd like. Come to think of it, maybe that's true for other areas of life as well. I'll admit, postponing cleaning out my car has made for a more hectic morning. And going for a month without doing laundry makes for a hellish start to a road trip. Until I get some elves, maybe it's time to start planning ahead.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

oh, no!! i have been there ... falling in public SUCKS. i continued running on mine two out of the three times i fell ... bad idea.

hope hello kitty does the trick.