Monday, December 22, 2008

The busiest week of December has been survived, and we are winding down to the end of Triathablog. If I can make it through a week filled with six days of work, six parties (one of which I hosted), four days of swimming, five days of yoga, cleaning house, and wrapping gifts, Christmas and New Year’s should be a cinch! As soon as my party was over on Saturday night, I laid in my bed unable to move, thinking how glad I was that it was finally over. Not that I didn’t enjoy it, but the end of that party marked the end of Christmas craziness for me. Fitting Triathablog into this week won’t be a problem since our family Christmas will be very low-key this year. Thank. Goodness. Maybe I can even convince them to participate in a group activity that doesn't involve watching movies on the western channel (sad, but true). Even with that possibility, it is still going to take a Christmas miracle for me to pull ahead of Carrie by the time December 31st rolls around.

A tiny nugget of wisdom: I discovered on Sunday that a hearty dose of caffeine before a swim makes you feel as though you could swim for hours (although that is probably a terrible idea). This is a trick I used when I was running, and it works just as well for swimming. I found that one large-ish mug of bold coffee, which has a lower caffeine content than a mild roast, was just enough.

My apologies for the brevity of this post, but there is a long night of swimming, dinner, and concerts ahead. Ciao!

No comments: