Thursday, December 11, 2008

busy little triathablogging bees

I sit here in the aftermath of the first holiday gathering at my house, mugs stained with hot cocoa on the kitchen counter and a bounty of leftover cookies. After a long day at work preparing client Christmas gifts and trying to get routine projects done, I skipped the gym to head home and finish straightening up the house before preparing homemade hot cocoa and whipped cream. Not to mention cooking a sad dinner of hashbrowns and eggs for dinner, since I haven't had time to go to the grocery store. It is the fourth day this week that life has gotten in the way of swimming, which means that there are only three days left. Looks like I'm not getting my points for weekly swims this week. I like to think of it as a holiday gift to our sickly cyclist, rather than a failure on my part. How else is a girl supposed to feel good about skipping her workout for cookies and cocoa?

Will I make it out of the bed in the morning to hit the water? I'd like to say yes, but since it is taking every effort just to type right now it is highly unlikely. Next week there are more days of the week with parties than without. Here's to hoping for rest and renewed energy for another week of competition, and the time to take care of my health in this butter- and sugar-filled season.

1 comment:

Carla Jean said...

I'm with you on the parties! It's hard to fit anything else in. (But it's fun!)