Thursday, November 27, 2008

turkey trottin'

First of all, if you're reading this you should be eating turkey instead. Or napping. Or mentally preparing yourself for all the shopping you're going to do tomorrow.

That said, I am thankful today for my fellow triathabloggers who are allowing me to participate in their sports this week, due to the holiday closings at the gym(s). I am also thankful for what seems to be a healthy knee, or at least one that is almost back to normal. My roommate and I woke up this fine Thanksgiving morning and went for a run. Okay, more like a slow jog. It was my first time to run outdoors since my last race, and it felt so right. Don't get me wrong, I love swimming ... but I loved running first. It was good to be out there this morning, no matter how far or how fast I was. Thanks, Carrie, for being a compassionate competitor.

Tomorrow its on to biking as I take my mom's Schwinn for a spin in my parent's ridiculously hilly neighborhood, which also does not have a leash law. Wish me luck, internets.

No comments: