Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The little cyclist who...could

We said that we were going to be honest on this blog. Well, honestly...I hate it right now. I don't want to ride and I hate that I have to. I know that I would feel better if I did ride, but the days keep passing and Mick stays in the garage. I now have to ride every day for the rest of the week to get my points in (I also hate to give up!).

What do you do when you just can't get motivated? Any pointers or words of wisdom? Anyone want to go on a ride (it is always more fun with friends)?

Sigh.

On another note, I have been having many heated discussions lately about Alabama's Bike Laws. If you want to know what they are, go here. For bike laws in other states, you can find them at Bikecommuters.com (about 1/2 down the page on the right is a drop down box)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Y'all are, like...reallly awesome.

Patrick said...

I'm guessing you're arguing about this part:
Every bicycle shall be equipped with a brake which will enable the operator to make the braked wheels skid on dry, level, clean pavement.

Elisa M said...

Thanks Rebekka!
Patrick-amazingly, that is not the one. Although that is an interesting one to consider. We have been fighting about traffic lights and whether it is against the law to go through if your bike won't trigger them. Also the crappy bike lanes in the city.

Anonymous said...

CLEAR INTERSECTION=GO!
BIRMINGHAM CITY BIKE LANES=ASPHALT TURDS!