Monday, December 1, 2008

if only we weren't so darn popular

Today marks the beginning of the end. Triathablog has entered into it's third and final month, and as much as we love our sports, we are all more than a little happy to see this chilly month arrive. With Thanksgiving barely trailing behind, all three of us have been presented with the ultimate challenge of fitting exercise into our hectic holiday schedules, and all of us, most of all myself with a whopping zero points this week, have fallen somewhat short of our goals. I rediscovered how much I love sleep over the holiday, and succumbed to the comforts of sofas, blankets, and naps, sometimes sleeping up to eleven hours at a time. I feel bad about none of these things and am thankful for an opportunity to get some much-needed rest, but also regret that I am now significantly behind my competitors.

Now to add to the craziness, Christmas has descended upon us with it's parties, gatherings, and soirees. This weekend I will be missing FIVE parties. Five! And it is only the first weekend of the month. With the weekend trip ahead (Charlotte!) and a packed social calendar through the rest of December as well, I will have to make an extra effort to get my weekly swims in and somehow find ways to make up some pointage. All this makes me wonder how fit moms do it. Well, the ones who don't have nannies, at least. If it is this hard to juggle only one schedule, how hard must it be to deal with those of a husband, his family, and children as well? Props to all you moms out there pushing jog strollers. You are better women than I.

If you're out there, please cheer for the swimmer! I'm going to need some motivation to get out of the blankets and into the cold water this week.

2 comments:

SJ said...

Put down the fleece blankets and jump in that pool missy!!!

There's your motivation

Anonymous said...

S. W. I. M. M. E. R.
what's that spell?
SWIMMER! GO, SWIMMER!
Be the water.