Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Cold weather and Downtown Hoedowns

Had my first 30 degree commute this morning. It was actually wonderful, with the only problem being that my feet were freezing. The new Pearl Izuma* cold weather gloves worked out perfectly, as did the Nike cold weather ear covering thingy. I think Winter commuting may turn out to be my favorite!



This weekend the Tonight We Ride guys are having a Hoedown! Triathablog is helping sponsor, so come out and say hello. Oh, and you will also see some awesome track bike tricks and BIKE POLO! I can't wait for that to go down. I am thinking Brocycle vs. Tonight we Ride...

so, grab a sixer and some burgers and come out for a lovely Sunday outing. We'll be the cute girls.

*available locally at Homewood Cycles

2 comments:

Patrick said...

Can I ask a question? Why fixed-speed? It seems completely impractical. We're no peddling around Brooklyn here. There are some big-ass hills in this city. And I live on one. Riding home sucks with gears. How bad would it suck without them?

Elisa said...

Patrick-I actually ride a geared bike, and can't imagine getting to work without one at this point!
The fixed gear vs freewheel debate (controversy?) is something I will be writing about very soon, so stay tuned. If you just can't wait, go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixed-gear_bicycle, it talks about pros and cons.